One of the privileges of working nationally with multiple organizations is the opportunity to connect with experts across subjects, including technology tools. I collect technology tips where ever I can. As spring turns to summer, it’s a good time review your processes and add new tools. Here’s a list of top technology tools that make your life easier! Give them a try and contact me to share your favorites:
Help! Email is Overwhelming Me
- TechHit A suite of applications to organize, file, tag, remind, archive, etc… all your email in MicroSoft Outlook (only MS Outlook). People who use it, love it.
- Sanebox & Boomerang are web-based email efficiency services that work across platforms. Check out their multiple tools to fix email overwhelm.
Automate Basic Workflows for Me
- Zapier & IFTTT (stands for: If, This, Then, That) are web-based services to automate multiple menial tasks. The good news, they’re super flexible. That’s also the bad news. You need to think about which tasks to automate. Routines with multiple steps, can likely be automated. Sit down with your favorite tech guru and discuss your best automations. Step away from your devices and let the tech-bots work for you.
I Need a New Brand: Logo, Business Card, etc…
- 99designs A crowdsourcing service that allows you to access designers from all over the world. I know several who’ve bought logos this way. You receive designs from multiple designers, quickly. If you don’t like the initial designs, you stop and get your money back. There is very little risk and high reward for graphics crowdsourcing. There are more services like 99designs, but this is the one most often recommended.
I want a Great Website without a Huge Price Tag
- SquareSpace website builder. The BKC website was custom designed, but many do not want that hassle or cost. Others hire a “turn-key” web-service, which tends to deliver cookie-cutter results. If you want to look different without the cost of custom, try the website builder SquareSpace. They’re highly recommended by my custom web design team. It’s also the most visually stunning web-builder, I’ve ever seen. New technology has revolutionized web-building. Hire a tech-savvy intern and get a fantastic looking website. Your website is your storefront.
Send Client Appointment Reminders for Me
- apptoto A web-based automatic reminder service. Apptoto extracts contacts from your calendar and automatically sends appointment reminders and confirmations to ensure your clients arrive at your office on-time and prepared. It can also send follow-ups.
Give Me Easy Virtual Client Meetings
- JoinMe is a virtual meeting platform. You can screen share, whiteboard, audio conference and video conference. There is a free plan, as well as paid plans. This has been personally recommended by professionals who host easy virtual client meetings.
Send Cards for Me the Easy Way (i.e. Birthday, Holiday, Thank you)
- tinyprints: (Update: As of 6/27/17 tinyprints merged with Shutterfly. All tinyprints products can be ordered from Shutterfly ) Order from a huge selection holiday, birthday, thank you or other cards. If desired, they’ll even mail the cards for you.
- postable Sends cards for you with a personalized “handwritten” note (patented handwriting technology).
- sincerely Mobile technology to send personalized cards and postcards from your phone with your photos.
- Paperless Post Beautiful designer online e-card provider. They have paper cards, too. They are more elegant than many. They spell Paperless Post with grammatically correct precision, rather than the trendy lowercasetechverbage. Hope that makes you smile. It does me. It’s also a great example of brand consistency. You can’t represent elegance with a paperlesspost logotype. So if your brand personality is sophisticated, use Paperless Post.
I’m Tired of BAD Customer Service
- GetHuman builds tools to save time on your customer service issues. Get better results OR hire pros to handle customer service issues for you.
Last but not least…..
If I Want to Retire, What is my Firm Worth?
- Valuecaster A firm valuation tool for $40. This is recommended by a financial advisory firm owner, who used it and told me to spread the word.
Important Disclaimer: Some of you work in organizations that provide specific technology, with little freedom to use external tools. Others purchase all their own technology tools. There are pluses and minuses to both situations. Use what you can professionally or personally and forget the rest. Finally, only use what your compliance, legal & technology advisors believe is safe for your clients and business.
On a Personal Note: You have my immense respect for your integrity and service to your clients. There is a reason your services are so important and valuable. If it were easy, everyone would do it!